The CCC is a fabulous supplement to school choir or to any music training because of its repertoire focused on classics and its opportunities to perform with professional musicians in stunning venues.
**Our next round of new member auditions will be held Saturday, July 18 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. for entry into the choir beginning August, 2015. Children ages 7 - 14 are invited to audition.**
Contact us now or call 480-699-9846 to schedule a free 15 minute audition. Auditions are by appointment only.
For the Audition:
- Print and fill out an Audition Form to bring to the audition.
- Please prepare to sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" or another song that your singer can sing without accompaniment.
- The audition will last approximately 15 minutes and will focus on matching pitches, reproducing intervals and rhythm. Vocal range will also be assessed.
No previous experience necessary!
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Does my child's singing need to be developed to be a part of the CCC?
Answer: For the Junior Choir (ages 7-10), there is no experience necessary. We actually prefer singers without voice lessons because we want them to come with a natural, pure, child-like singing voice.
Question: An audition sounds scary. What goes on in the audition?
Answer: We hold auditions so we can meet one-on-one with the singer and parents and to conduct a wide assessment of their voice. It helps us establish their level of note-reading, ear training, rhythm, and range. We help singers through every step, so it feels more like a short music lesson, and shows them what all they will learn throughout the year.
The minimum requirement for a Junior Choir singer is to match a note with their voice. Junior choir goals include extending range, singing with beautiful tone, starting to read music, learn early solfege, and experiencing variety of age-appropriate music.
Question: I noticed the choirs don't start until age 7. Do you have any advice for my 4-year-old who loves to sing?
Answer: Here are a few wonderful options for your young singer:
- Join a local church children's choir
- Find a pre-school that uses music and singing everyday
- Expose your child to the arts in many forms - theater, symphony, choir, dance - to be inspired by performances.
- Start your little one in piano lessons. One of the fastest ways for a young musician to learn and grow, piano is physically easy to play and your child can sing with the piano when they practice which helps to develop pitch awareness and introduces your child to reading music. Word of mouth is the best way to find a good piano teacher.
- Attend a CCC concert so your singer can see what our group is about!
- Attend a CCC summer camp - open to singers age 6 - a great way to meet other choir children and our directors and staff.
- Sing at home! With mom, dad, siblings or friends! Sing, sing!
Arizona Music Academy
1700 E. Elliot Rd. #11
Tempe, AZ 85284
(Northwest corner of Elliot and
Age 7 by August 31:
audition for fall semester
Age 7 by January 31:
audition for spring semester
Rehearsal Location & Times:
Desert Cross Lutheran Church
8600 W McClintock Drive
Tempe, AZ 85284 (Sanctuary)
Held on Thursdays each week
Junior Choir (age 7 to 10)
4:00 to 5:00 p.m.*
Encore Choir (age 11 to 12)
5:10 to 6:15 p.m.*
Cantus Choir (grades 7 to 9**)
6:20 to 8:00 p.m.*
* Fall semesters involve an additional
30-min Sight Singing Class.
** Singers age 12 and entering 7th
grade may be placed in Encore or
Cantus choir depending on placement